PDVG is a registered charity that provides support, advice, information and safe accommodation to anyone effected by or experiencing domestic abuse.
PDVG has been in operation delivering a range of specialist domestic abuse services in Kirklees since 2002 when two long standing domestic abuse services merged. Huddersfield Womens Aid which had been in operation since 1975 and Kirklees Asian and Black Womens Welfare Association which had also been operating services in Huddersfield for over 10 years.
Working Together to Reduce the Impact of Domestic Violence and Abuse.
PDVG believes that everyone has the right to live free from all forms of abuse and have the right to be free from potential or actual harm. We achieve this by:
- Providing a ‘strengths based’ client centred package of support to everyone accessing PDVG services.
- Determining support needs using a robust risk assessment procedure ensuring realistic, relevant and effective interventions are offered.
- Ensuring innovative, proactive, high quality service provision driven by service user involvement and stakeholder feedback.
- Challenging inequality and discrimination and celebrating diversity.
- Actively participating in maintaining and developing strong strategic partnerships locally and regionally.